Instructions for Oral Presentations
Devices Provided by the Conference Organizer:
- Laptop Computer (MS Windows Operating System with MS PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Digital Projectors and Screen
- Operator assistant
Materials Provided by the Presenters:
- PowerPoint or PDF Files (Files should be copied to the Conference laptop at the beginning of each Session.)
- Duration of each Presentation (Tentatively):
- Keynote Speech: about 50 Minutes of Presentation and 5 Minutes of Question and Answer
- Invited Speech: about 20 Minutes of Presentation and 10 Minutes of Question and Answer
Specifically, for the Presentation Participants
- All the oral presentations should be prepared using PowerPoint software.
- We recommend a presentation format of 16:9 (screen size format).
- Make the letters on your slides BIG ENOUGH. Suggested minimum font size is 14.
- Try and put no more than 12 lines of text or 2 images on any one slide.
- Video recording and related media files could be avoided
- The maximum time allowed will be 10 minutes per presentation. You should plan to speak for 10 minutes and leave 5 minutes for questions.
- Show no more than 1 slide per minute of speaking time. This means approximately 10 slides MAXIMUM for the 10 minutes’ presentation. Remember, the last 5 minutes of the presentation are for questions from the audience.
- The slides should use the slide template provided by the UPHEC committee on the website (Presentation Template Downloads)
- At the end of the session/conference, all slides will be stored by the UPHEC Secretariat for future reference.
- If you have any questions, please contact us
Submitting Your Oral Presentation
To make your online presentation successful, please upload your file presentation here https://forms.gle/y8dSqSFTZrBhGUDN9
Best Practices or Tips For Presentation
- Find a quiet place where you can control the environment.
- Mute computers, cell phones, etc.
- Avoid public areas where background noise may be present.
- Be prepared and have an outline of what you want to say.
- Speak 6-12 inches away from the microphone, and
- Please wear formal clothes or national representative of clothing.